- Break it down
- Make a list of the small parts of your project.
- Anthony Trollope, a 19th century writer said “A small daily task… will beat the labour of spasmodic hercules"
Do anything to move the ball. Don’t end the day having done nothing to progress your work.
Rely on your preparation
- Day work and Night work
leave your work half finished and now all you have to do is complete your idea.
Get a ritual
- Woody Allen famously said “80% of success is showing up”
- put your shoes on
loses idea of a token.
Harness the power of Frequency
- frequency makes starting easier
- frequency keeps ideas fresh
- frequency keeps the pressure off
- frequency sparks creativity
frequency nurtures frequency
Prune the branches
- Eventually the new branches will steal resources from the initial branches. Eventually the entire vine will succumb to systemic mediocrity.
- Cut out anything that is not essential
We don't have the luxury of inspiration. Inspiration is a nice companion on our journey to brilliance, but it is not a necessary companion at the beginning of the journey. Inspiration tends to join you when you are already on your way. - Todd Henry