- back from vacation
- trying to get ahead of the work
- expectations of others
We are indebted by the expectations of our employers, community leaders, friends, family, and maybe most demanding of all; ourselves.
- How do we impose debt onto ourselves?
- incomplete projects
- other peoples requests
- emotional-based long term commitment
Without completely being aware of it, we can sell the expectations of our time and energy pretty cheaply.
- debt can be positive, its how all relationships work
- like finances, a lot of debt can be going to places without even knowing it
- make a list of your roles / responsibilities
Identify bad debt
Cal Newport calls it deep work and light work (Critical output / vs emails)
- The ability to focus is the new IQ
Have strength to redouble your good commitments, and abandon your bad debt.