How to enjoy yourself at a conference
Focus on the people you meet.
- the most valuable part of the conference is in the hallways between sessions.
- Not your heroes
- people looking at their phones / get off your phone
- be brave
- Don’t have agenda, other than being interested in people
Have an open schedule, go to all the parties and don’t be lame. Be in introvert when you get home.
Make yourself easy to connect to after the conf
- having a card is basic
- make a sticker, or something fun
- have a reason that they should remember you
- make a little project, have a giveaway, write a medium post or something.
have a system for recording who you meet.
- note who they are AND WHAT YOU TALKED ABOUT - jog their memory later
Follow up with ppl you met after you get home
- linked in
- again, have a reason